Sunset Storm Necklace and Earring Set
Looking for a gift for the nature lover in your life? Check out Igugu Beads’ large collection of nature-inspired jewelry.
Sunset Storm necklace and earring set features an exotic tree against a vibrant orange and pink background and handmade paper beads (by me!).
- Vintage bronze-toned Tree of Life pendant in black, pink, purple, orange, and yellow
- Handmade by Igugu Beads: hand-rolled orange paper beads with gloss coating (~25mm; 78 lb cardstock)
- Iris Purple Czech 4-sided double pressed glass cone (6x5mm)
- Antiqued bronze-toned chain
- Antiqued bronze-toned hammered round toggle clasp (22mm)
- Antiqued bronze-toned paddles (for earrings)
- Jewelry wire and findings
- Please note: Paper Beads are NOT waterproof. They are coated with a water-resistant glaze, but will NOT withstand showering or swimming.
Perfect For: Nature Lovers
In a Word: Brilliant
Occasion: Dress Casual
Shipping: Free on orders $35 or more!
My Paper Bead Evolution
About two years ago, I watched an interesting video on how to make fabric beads. I bought all the necessary equipment (glues, straws, two-sided tack, a rolling cutter and cutting board, etc.) and lots of different fabrics. Because that’s how I roll (which explains why I am running out of room in my studio!)
Then I went to work. I made one set (and only one) of fabric beads. It’s not that they didn’t come out well. It was just a LOT of work.
About a year later, I watched another video on how to make paper beads from magazines. I already had all the goodies. I started with a San Diego Zoo Zoonooz magazines because I am ALL about the animal prints. That went pretty good. The magazines are easy to cut and easy to come by. So then I started experimenting with some heavier stock. I am now hooked on paper beads! I love rolling them while I watch TV in the evening. I have amassed a collection of about 40 different sets.
What Goes into One Single Paper Bead?
- Pretty paper (78 lb. cardstock is my new favorite … it’s a little harder to roll, but it is very forgiving)
- Trim the edges of the paper so it rolls nicely on the ends
- Measuring marks and precision cuts with an Xacto on a cutting board
- Cutting of cocktail straws (so they have some protection internally)
- Cutting of little pieces of double-sided tape sheets
- Add the little piece of tape to the paper; remove (hard!) the other side of the tape cover
- Add the straw to the tape
- Start rolling. Start over. Start over. Start over (LOL!). Sometimes it goes well : )
- Add some Elmer’s glue toward the end. Finish the roll.
- Use a bamboo skewer to support bead while it dries (propped up on a piece of a pool noodle!)
- Apply a gloss coating. Wait until dried.
- Remove glue plug from one end.
Sunset Storm Necklace and Earring Set
Relax under the Tree of Life in the sunset hour.
We’re sorry! This product has sold out. Please fill out the form below if you are interested. We may be able to make you something very similar!
I’m interested in:
GET THE GOODIES
Wildlife matters! Igugu Beads donates 5% of profits to wildlife conservation organizations. You choose!
You’ll get early access on our limited edition pieces before they are released to the public.
Bead Wild Tribe members get early access to new collections and exclusive sneak peeks!
Bead Wild Tribe members will receive a free gift with your first order! Are you excited!?
Bead Wild Tribe members will have the chance to win free products in super-easy-to-enter giveaways.
You’ll have instant email access to discounts, sales, and exclusive offers that no one else gets (woo hoo!)
Join our VIP Bead Wild Tribe
You’ll receive an evergreen 20% discount coupon
and a free gift with your first order!
Join our VIP
Bead Wild Tribe