How to Measure and Determine your Correct Necklace Size
- You need a flexible tape measure, strip of cloth or ribbon. Take that and measure around the base of your neck.
- Get the circumference of the neck from the hollow at the base of the throat.
- Order the length that is at least the next size up in standard length necklace size chart.
Women’s Standard Length Necklace Sizes
|16 inches||40 cm||Choker length|
|17-19 inches||43-48 cm||At the collarbone|
|20 inches||50 cm||A few inches below the collarbone|
|22 inches||55 cm||At or above the neckline|
|24 inches||60 cm||Below the neckline|
Typical Necklace Lengths
- Choker length, 16 inches, choker falls perfectly around the base of the neck. If you are very slim, a 16-inch necklace might hang to your collarbone.
- Princess length, 18 inches, will fall at the collarbone. For plus size person with a larger neck size, this is best suited for crew and high necklines.
- Matinee length, 20 inches, will fall past the collarbone just above a modest scoop neckline. This necklace is the right choice for casual or business dress.
If you’d like another helpful link about necklaces:
Glossary of Terms
Click the button below for a PDF version of a glossary. All of the information was compiled from FireMountainGems.com
The Meaning of Gemstones
An outside link to FireMountainGems.com